5 Things to Put in Your Welcome Basket for Out-of-town Wedding Guests
Odds are you will be too busy to greet guests as they arrive at your ceremony or reception. Personalized wedding welcome bags are a great way to indirectly greet out-of-town guests, while thanking them for traveling for your special day. Here are some ideas for creating distinctive wedding guest welcome bags that inspire excitement.
- A versatile tote bag: Everyone appreciates a stylish carry-all, especially if they are attending destination weddings that will involve sightseeing or days at the beach. When they get home, your guests can continue using their totes to carry groceries or gym essentials. If you are looking for ways to personalize the bag, call out your location, add a generic phrase or choose a motif that's consistent with your wedding theme.
- Weatherproof items: Mother Nature doesn't always cooperate when we want her to. If you are planning an outdoor wedding, stock your welcome baskets with a few essentials to help your guests brave the elements. Depending on the setting, this can include sunglasses, insect repellent, sunscreen, UV-blocking lip balm, ponchos or umbrellas. Even if the weather cooperates with your plans, your guests will still be able to use these items at some point in the future.
- Personalized favorites: There are all sorts of popular goodies that can make your wedding gift basket more intriguing. This includes deluxe his & hers personal care kits, plush gel bead hot and cold eye masks, shoe shine polish kits, hand and body lotion and scented candles. Mix and match to create a truly unique welcome basket that will intrigue even the fussiest guests.
- Sweet and salty treats: Your guests will appreciate having something to snack on while they wait for your ceremony to start. Load your welcome basket with personalized snack packs, peppermints, custom chocolates or sugar-free candies. You should also consider adding a personalized bottle of water to each basket, especially if your wedding will be outdoors under the sun.
- Bolt power bank with carabiner: Chances are your guests won't have a chance to charge their phones while they're at your ceremony and reception. Just think how thrilled they will be to find a solution waiting inside their gift baskets. Securely affixed to a carabiner, this convenient reusable power bank will ensure that they will have enough juice to take plenty of pictures and videos of the happy bride and groom.
Love this article? Want to learn about leveraging popular events to boost brand awareness? Let us know on Facebook and Twitter!