Emotional Marketing Strategies that Leverage Your Customers’ Feelings
Most people think their choices are based on rational, intellectual thought. In reality, however, emotions are key influencers in virtually everything we do. To better connect with your customer base, learn how to leverage emotional marketing in your promotional giveaways.
The Science of FeelingsResearchers have uncovered fascinating evidence that shows just how much emotions drive consumer behavior. Some of the most compelling findings include:
- fMRI neuro-imagery tests show that consumers primarily rely on emotions over information when evaluating brands.
- Studies indicate that “likeability” best predicts whether a marketing strategy will boost a brand's sales.
- Research suggests that positive emotions about a brand are the key driving forces behind consumer loyalty - even more than trust.
Creating Positive Sentiment
Many companies spend countless dollars planning print and media adds which attempt to elicit positive emotions. At the same time, a growing number of businesses have found that they can create positive sentiment about their brands by leveraging the right types of promotional items. Some of the most effective options include:
- Toys: Parents experience feelings of satisfaction and joy any time they are able to offer a new toy to their children.
- Picture frames: When strategically placed in an attractive, understated manner, your logo can be effectively paired with family photos, which evoke positive emotions and happy memories.
- Awareness bracelets: These allow companies to connect with a wide array of consumers, while positioning themselves as community-conscious enterprises.
- Hand-sanitizers and first-aid kits: By pairing their logos alongside these necessities, businesses are able to position their brands as trustworthy, valuable and dependable.
Creating Positive Sentiment
While some call it nueromarketing, emotional advertising is really all about increasing brand likeability. Any time you can cultivate goodwill in your customers and clients, you are increasing the likelihood that they will buy your products and spread your message to friends, family and acquaintances.
While some branded products have key traits that give them a greater emotional impact, just about any branded item can create positive sentiment about a brand. That said, to make a lasting impact, your branded items should offer actual, real-world value.
Explore Bagmasters diverse collection of functional promotional items and discover countless ways to increase your brand's likeability.
Love this article? Want to learn about leveraging popular events to boost brand awareness? Let us know on Facebook and Twitter!