Leveraging Promotional Gifts in the Education Industry
When it comes to targeting the educational sector, promotional school products make a sizable impact. But which products bring the greatest ROI? Read on to learn how to select the right branded item for your target audience.
Getting the Most Bang for Your Dollar
Whether it's a distributor trying to land a huge account or a recruiter that needs to stand out at a college career fair, branded items increase engagement. There are all sorts of ways businesses can use promotional items in common educational settings. According to the Advertising Specialty Institute, however, some make more sense than others.
After surveying distributors working in the education sector, ASI found that the following branded items attracted optimal interest:
- 73% - Clothing: These products provide an especially effective way to maximize exposure on campus settings.
- 60% - Backpacks and Bags: These items have major functional appeal for college students, especially when they include areas for modern gadgets.
- 48% - Cups and Glasses: The average college student is always eager to accumulate more drinkware.
- 46% - Pens and Pencils: By passing out branded writing instruments, you can make your logo an essential school necessity.
- 23% - Hats: Popular on campus and at the stadium, branded hats turn students into walking billboards for your brand.
- 20% - Technology: Contemporary students and faculty express major interest in chargers, USBs and other tech accessories.
- 19% - Office Supplies: This is another easy and effective way to connect with students, teachers and administrators.
- 9% - Wellness/fitness products: This category presents a diversity of options, including first-aid kits, hand sanitizer, soaps and lotions.
Food is also a great way to engage hungry college students. Whether it's candy, breath mints, pretzels or nuts, there are all sorts of affordable ways to tempt your target audience. Portable water bottles also offer considerable promotional appeal, especially when they are enhanced by your unique brand.
Love this article? Want to learn about leveraging popular events to boost brand awareness? Let us know on Facebook and Twitter!